Pages

Thursday 22 November 2012

Rants and Raves


People who know me know that I am a very opinionated person (blame it on my Father).   I love to debate, express my opinions and make sure that they are known. This section of my blog will be me ranting about things that may bother me, concerns that I have  about my community and the rest of the world, or strong opinions I have on a subject, film, restaurant etc. On a positive note, I will also be raving about things that I enjoy and believe deserve some praise. Basically this is the section where I will be able to express my opinions. I invite others to join in on discussion and voice their own opinions. My first ‘Rave/Rant’ will be a Rave (yay let’s start on a positive note!) I am going to be discussing a show that I just cannot get enough of The Good Wife.

I became interested in this show when I was doing a little leisurely research on the lives of wives married to cheating politicians (John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, John Edwards etc.,) The lives of these women are so public and I was fascinated how composed these women are and how they stand by their husbands who are in affairs. I was then drawn to the show The Good Wife.

The Good Wife protagonist is actress Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick, the faithful wife to her cheating husband Peter Florrick (played by Chris Noth {yes that is Mr. Big from Sex and the City}) who is the States Attorney. The affair is made public which follows with a lawsuit for Peter Florrick and lands himself in jail. The plot tells the story of a wife of a cheating politician who has to go back to work as a lawyer and deal with the embarrassment of her husbands actions. 

If I said I was addicted to this show it would be an understatement. I think I would be embarrassed to tell you how many episodes of this show I watch a day. It is basically a crime show (like CSI and Law and Order) but with an actual plot line rather than just a new crime solved each episode. I give this show 5/5 stars. By the title people may assume that the target market would be just for women, but I believe that this show is interesting enough for a male audience as well. If you haven’t seen this show I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you are into crime shows. 

Stay sweet,
Summer Candy
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN