Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Music Mondays: Yellow Ostrich

It’s Monday but I could swear it’s Sunday (that’s what it feels like for me) anyways, it’s time for another Music Monday! Instead of a playlist this week I want to introduce to you one of my favourite bands at the moment, Yellow Ostrich. 
Yellow Ostrich is a fairly new band only being created 3 years ago by Alex Schaef, with only the remaining members joing in early 2011. Yellow Ostrich consists of band members: Alex Schaaf (lead singer and guitar), Michael Tapper (With a name like Tapper it just makes sense that he plays the drums) and Jon Natchez who mainly plays bass, but also contributes sounds from a lap steel guitar, trombone and saxophone just to name a few.

I have been trying to think of a band that I could relate their sound to, but it’s not possible. Their sound is unique to anything I have ever heard. The first song I heard by them was Whale about a year ago. Not only is  Whale the most brilliant thing to hit my ear drums, but the music video climbs to one of the best videos I have ever seen. 

In the 3 years that Yellow Ostrich has been active, they have come out with 4 EP's and 4 full length records. Their most recent release of a six-song record called Ghost. Below is the feature video of Ghost:


Click here to check out more songs by them on their Bandcamp.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you love yours as well! I'm currently reading your magazine! Love it

      xx

      Delete
  2. i've heard of yellow ostrich but have never listened to them... i can't currently listen to the video, since it's so late and i can't find my headphones... but that hot picture of the lead singer ensures that i'll be coming back.

    4 ep's and 4 albums until they gained attention huh? that's kinda encouraging... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning blog :)
    the band is cool :)
    I followed you :)
    maybe follow me :)
    http://brokenglassjustlikeglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    Leila
    x

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN