Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Happy hump day everyone! Can’t believe its Wednesday already. This officially means it’s one week until I’m finished exams, yay! I can’t wait to be done. But seriously how am I supposed to study for exams when I know I’ll be in Jasper with Paul in a week? Ugh, studying is difficult when all you can do is be excited. It’s been almost two months since I’ve seen him and I’m getting impatient!!! 
Last night I’m sure most of you turned in to watch the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Whether or not you like it, these girls are smokin’. They’re who every guy wants to date and every girl wishes they could look like. This was the first time I have ever watched the show and I was curious what all the hype was about skinny girls in bras walking down the runway (and also a good excuse for me to ignore the fact I have a million exams this week). I grabbed some popcorn, turned into the live stream and started watching.


Personally, I believe that Victoria Secret Fashion Show is better than majority of fashion shows. Victoria Secret is about confidence and being comfortable in your own skin. These women promote healthy living by eating well and working out versus majority of models who are known to sport eating disorders. I was reading up on their bios and most of them said they had bacon for breakfast (I was shocked to say the least). These models welcome healthy living and make it okay for women to be sexy and feel sexy. As a friend of mine tweeted, “tomorrow is the day that every girl in the world has the motivation to hit the gym after watching the Victoria Secret Fashion Show”

A lot of women were saying “why can’t I be her”. Well, you can’t be her because she’s an alien from perfect land and unless you're from there unfortunately you can’t be her. This show isn’t supporting wanting to be perfect, it’s trying to support being comfortable in your own skin. They created an app for girls to take a photo of themselves so they could show off their own Angel wings. I think that idea was brilliant for other girls to be able to believe they're an ‘Angel’ too. 

Of course there will be people saying that there should be more average looking women as well, but that’s just not how the world works. I’m just thrilled about a company who supports models into healthy living rather than supporting bulimia. I would love to see a fashion show with more normal looking people but that just won’t happen. Another friend of mine tweeted, “After watching the show, I actually still feel pretty damn good about my body” and that’s how ALL women should feel after watching the show. 

Here are some of my favourite outfits from the show:

Apparently this Floral Fantasy bra was an estimated 2.5 million dollars. Not sure if I'd invest in a bra that expensive, but it sure does make her breasts look fantastic.

This just totally reminded me of Princess and the Frog (not sure if that was the intention) but I loved it.
I don't know what else to say about this outfit other than: fierce
This was by far my favourite outfit of the night. Maybe it's the secret cowgirl in me but this outfit was amazing. Love the lasso design, the shoes, the hat. This outfit was just SPOT on.

What were your thoughts about the Victoria Secret Fashion Show?


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN