Pages

Thursday 15 August 2013

Featured Frugal Female: Sometimes Z Takes Pictures



Tell us about yourself and your blog.
Hey! I'm Z and I run Sometimes Z Takes Pictures. I love going to sketchy pop punk concerts, eating gnarly burgers, and occasionally snapping a few photos.

What is your favourite item in your closet that is under $25?
I'd honestly have to go with the hi-lo skirt in my photo. I work retail and try to buy as much as possible when we have our 60% sale for staff. I usually hate the hi-lo trend but I loved the color and uniqueness of this skirt and it goes with EVERYTHING. I guess you could say I'm one for statement pieces.

What drug store beauty product can you not live without?
One of those liquid eyeliner pens. I have naturally long lashes so usually the only thing I do for makeup in the morning is put on a bit of eyeliner.

Are you more likely to thrift shop or buy brand new?
I almost always buy brand new. I grew up in a small town where there weren't many thrifting options, but most of my reasoning is that I just don't have the time. I get bored easily when shopping and I find it really hard to concentrate on the "potential" of a piece. When I look at any article of clothing, I immediately start to think of all the different remixing and wear possibilities it has. If I don't see that immediately, then I don't usually bother to buy it.

What are you most likely to splurge on?
Definitely a show stopping statement dress. My closet is full of them (cough cough thanks to Modcloth...) and I never get tired of it. All you really need is to throw it on, and you have an insta-outfit! Perfect for someone who's always waking up late... 

Best budget-saving advice?
If you find an item and are on the fence, leave it be and see if you remember it in a day or two. I've had some pieces just straight up HAUNT ME until I have to run back to wherever it is and buy them. But about ninety percent of the time...I forget completely. Also, if you're on a budget DON'T SHOP. Whenever my spending is tight (usually/always), I don't let myself "casually scroll through Modcloth" or "go to the mall just to look around." Out of sight, out of mind and all that. :] 

Make sure to follow Z on Bloglovin'Facebook, and Twitter

Thanks Z!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN